B1Yoga is a home office Located in the Bridal Trails area by Microsoft & Google, in beautiful Bellevue Washington. The home office sits on 1.5 acres surrounded by old growth forest.
3211 140 av NE
Bellevue Wa. 98005
(Note: the driveway is on the side street of Ne 32nd Pl. up the hill in the Cantor Greens Neighborhood)
206-619-8488 Cell VM/Txt
Brian Bales Yogi, LMT, father of 2, is the Founder and Creator of B1 Yoga.
Brian has devoted more than 30 years to various healing modalities, including massage,
yoga, meditation, fasting, colon hydrotherapy, vegan awareness and energetic healing, conscious healing, & many other techniques .
Brian was born in Houston, but spent most of his childhood years in Kansas City. He says he was the family massage therapist if ever there was one. He would do neck, hand & feet massages for his mom, older brother & sister for pocket change & learned to walk on his dads back around the age of 6. Brian would walk on his dads back after he got h0me from work often to help his dads back tension. As family issues came up over the years, Brian was the family confidant early on. He became a good listener & attributes this to his good ear today for those that need to vent, as often happens when people receive body work. Brian’s Dad, first taught him to meditate when he was 10. It changed his life in ways that he only now can recognize. After an extensive bout with being bullied in the 6th grade, it was time for another big change for Brian. He began to study Tae Kwon Do with Master Chon Lee, one of the few 8th degree black belts in the country at that time. Brian was introduced to the importance of energy, flexibility and foundation. He excelled to the top of his class & says he truly loved the practice. Brian states that the bullying mysteriously stopped shortly after starting Tae Kwon Do, & never again returned. He has always felt the need to stand up for the little person when ever he sees bullying. At the age of 15, Brian began traveling on his motorcycle & covered thousands of miles from coast to coast, North & South all over the US. He was in awe of the beautiful magnificent sights he encountered, & the silence of traveling solo provided extensive time for self reflection for long periods at a time. After many years of living in Sedona, AZ. working as a carpenter, Hospice care, nursing, studies to become an EMT, extensive research & studies in cancer & Aids & eventually became a massage therapist. Brian credits his then girlfriend who loved his body work saying he should do it for a living. For his birthday, she bought him his first massage table, & suggested one of her clients come see him for his first ever bodywork session. Brian was surprised & though he loved doing body work on the side, he also loved building houses in Sedona. Long story short, the client came, loved the work, told others, & a week later, Brian was booked full time doing massage & gave up construction for good with out any schooling what so ever. He went from $20 per hour to $60 over night. There was no license required in Sedona for massage at that time. His new practice flourished until he later moved to Washington state in 1992 to continue his massage school education & seek advanced studies in many forms of body work, eastern philosophies, Ayurveda & Thai Yoga Therapy & others. Shortly after moving to Seattle, Brian was encouraged by a new girlfriend to try a Yoga private with her teacher at her home. At the time, the self proclaimed “Gym Rat” Brian wanted nothing to do with Yoga. He thought it was for old sleepy people. After a 90 minute practice in the teachers living room, he states he felt humiliated & realized that Yoga was a lot more than he thought it was. Over the next few months, he attended more & more classes until he was eventually attending up to 12 classes a week. “Freedom” became his dedication & conviction. Brian says he went from not being to bend over & touch his toes, to being able to do handstand scorpion & many other advanced poses after the first year of serious studies with some of the top teachers in the world. He admits to spending over 10K every year for the first 5 years to travel & study with his teachers attending many teacher trainings, refining what would later be his own Nationally certified 200 hour Teacher Training under the name of B1Yoga.
Brian has studied With some of the worlds greatest Yoga Teachers
Through their Teachings, Blessings and Many Gifts, Brian developed his own, unique style of Yoga, called B1 Yoga, in the tradition of Tantric Hatha Yoga.
Brian’s yogic path has been most inspired by Douglas Brooks, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay just to mention a few, & two early primary Yoga teachers, David Life and Sharon Gannon. His teaching style & classes are similar to an Anusara, Jivamukti hybrid class. Brian is deeply grateful for David and Sharon & feels that they are his Yogi Parents, Teacher’s and Guru’s, all rolled up into one. Brian is honored to spend time with each of his teachers whenever possible.
Brian has completed teacher trainings with Ana Forrest, David Life, Mitchell Bleier, Sieanna Sherman, Doug Keller, John Friend, Tim Miller & others over the last 19+ years teaching.
Brian wants to share the Joy filled Freedom of Alignment with Source, that he has come to live, through the Powerful Practice of Yoga!
Here is a list of some of Brian’s teachers that he has been studying with, some of them well over 15 years:
- David Life* & Sharon Gannon
- Ana Forrest
- Tim Miller
- Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
- Nancy Gilgoff
- YOGA SLACKERS
- Gary Craftsow
- Noah Maze’
- Amy Ippoliti
- Rolf Gates
- Desiree Rumbaugh
- Bryan Kest
- John Friend
- Mitchell Bleier
- Sianna Sherman,
- Doug Keller
- Douglas Brooks
- Shiva Rea
- Sarah Powers
- Erich Schiffman
- Darma Mitra
- Marshal Govindan
- Rod Stryker
- Rodney Yee
- Shiva Rea
- Sean Corn
- Sara Powers
- Baron Baptiste
- Judith Hanson Lasater
- Patricia Walden
- Kino MacGregor
- Tiffany Cruikshank
- Tias Little
- Krishna Das
- Dharma Mitra
- Richard Freeman
- David & Doug Swenson
- Beryl & Tom Birch
- Acro Yoga with Jenny & Jason,
- Wayne Dyer
- Deepak Chopra
- Anthony Robins
- John Robbins
- Brian has led multiple Yoga retreats to Sedona Az & taught in more than 10 countries.
- Brian has completed a 10 day Vipasana (Silent meditation retreat 10 hours a day for 10 days straight of silent meditation)
- Studies with 2 Advanced Rolf instructors that profoundly affected the direction of Brian’s bodywork going forward.
- Kriya Yoga level 1 & 2 initiation with Marshal Govindan
- Mueller College of Massage in California
- Bellevue Massage School and the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine for continuing education courses
- Brian was licensed by the state of California, & has been licensed in Washington 14+ years, He is also Nationally certified in massage.
- He has also trained to become an EMT Emergency Med. Tec.
- Nursing work includes but not limited to private care for special needs patience, Alzheimer’s special care unit, Registry work and more.
- Brian considers himself an advanced barefoot runner,hiker, climber and is the only person to attempt let alone complete all but .5 km of the world famous 42 mile long Milford Trek in NZ . He has barefoot trekked all over the world & even done parts of the Grand Canyon & many of the toughest hikes in the Seattle area completely barefoot. He is currently training to do the Rim to Rim to Rim hike in the Grand Canyon & Havasupi as well as Paradise to base camp on Mt. Rainier.
- Brian was the youngest at age 12 to attend a Fire Walking workshop with world famous Steve Bisyak where he walked on the coals 3 times with out getting burned.
Additional Advanced Massage studies:
- Acupressure (levels 1, 3 & 5 of 6), Chi Nei Tsang(internal organ massage)
- Ashiatsu The worlds most Luxurious massage !
- Neuromuscular release training (with Monk
- Anatomy and Physiology,
- Cranial Fluid Dynamics, Foundation Opening Human Potential,
- Touch for Health I
- Certification, Accelerated Healing,
- Lomilomi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomilomi_massage)
- The Foundation Cranial Sacral
- Level I, First-Degree USIU System Reiki (Sedona, AZ),
- Second-Degree USIU System Reiki,
- Foot Reflexology (extensive studies))
- Aromatherapies, (extensive studies)
- Barbara Brennan Hands of Light
- Traveled to Thailand study & teach
- Thai Massage,
- Thai Yoga,
- Thai Yoga Therapy
- Colon Hydrotherapy
Brian Bales is committed to empowering and building each student’s self-esteem, while inspiring light-heartedness. Brian has a gift of blending his knowledge, passion for yoga, and love for life into each class! Brian’s two children bless the Yoga room from time to time with their presence.
POLICIES ON TIME:
If you are late, it is your time lost.
If I am late, I owe you the time at the end of the session or your next scheduled session.
Your time starts & ends when scheduled. I often have many clients scheduled & may not be able to run late, but if we do, it is agreed upon that you will pay $2.00 per minute over your scheduled time. If you can not run late, it is your responsibility to let me know ahead of time so I can complete your session on time.
*It is often that we might be in the middle of a private, massage, or even a float; you may choose to go longer. When ever possible, I like to allow space for that.
There are “NO” Refund on ANY purchases.
If 24 hour notice has been given, you may have a credit for the purchase value up to the original purchase price towards the any offered service.
B1 YOGA is located in a home office in the Bellevue, Bridal Trails area by Microsoft & Google, in beautiful Bellevue Washington. The home office sits on 1.5 acres surrounded by tall pines all the way around.
3211 140 av ne Bellevue, Wa. 98005
Note: the driveway is on the side street of NE 32nd pl
It is the first driveway on the left as you come up the hill in the Canter Greens neighborhood.
Park in the lower driveway to find the front door.
Feel free to call if you are lost. 206-619-8488